Monday, June 27, 2016

Come unto Christ...

Hi Everybody,

Yes, we have big plans for the Fourth of July!  We have a big missionary event and there will be a Hawaiian/Samoan fire dance at the church that will be going on so we are excited for that and getting the members to bring their friends to that.

I was able to go to the Cheesecake Factory for my birthday!  We went this week and it was funny, we got our cheesecake comped because they took like five extra minutes to bring out our food so that was fun!  They were all apologetic but it was just barely late so we didn't really care, but hey, FREE cheesecake!

My cardboard cover for my little scriptures is coming along GREAT, it's all done!  I took a lot of space pictures from the ensign and put them on the cardboard.  I would send a picture but I think I left my camera at Defy Gravity.  We will have to go back and try and pick that up.

Investigator/Finding Update:  We found a young guy named Caleb, we taught him about the Book of Mormon and we are going back this Saturday.  He was raised Catholic and Methodist.

Funny Experience:  We started playing the "bingo" car game while we were driving with the Raleigh four elders and it gets quite heated sometimes.  Some of them may or may not cheat...a lot!

Scripture for the week:
Omni 26  And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption.  Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved.

Love,
Elder Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment