Monday, June 20, 2016

Keeping the faith...

Hey Family!

I got my birthday package, thank you so much!  It had everything that I wanted!  I was most excited for the little scripture set.  One of the protein powders in it opened so there was powder over everything but we got it cleaned off.  I am working on making a little cardboard case for my scriptures, I will send you a pic when I get it finished.

To celebrate my birthday we went and got ice-cream near the end of the day, oh, and late Saturday night, after curfew, the first counselor asked me to give a talk on Father's Day.  Luckily it was just a youth speaker talk, but I got up at 4:30 AM to prep for it.  I talked about how God is our Father before he is our God.

Funny Story:  We got a new car and we named it Lady (it is red and is a girl car, and looks like a lady bug).  We were a full time car for a few days , but the zone leader stole it and gave it away the day before my birthday.

Investigator/finding Update:  Still in the works, finding has been a struggle.

I have had a really hard last few weeks, we haven't been able to find anyone and all the people we have found have dropped us which has been really disheartening.  It has been a struggle to stay happy and keep the faith that we will find someone.  I am doing OK and I am not keeping my feelings hidden in me.  This is a test from the Lord to try my patience and to motivate me to try new things.
Mosiah 23:21  "...yea, he trieth their patience and their faith."

Scripture for the week:  Alma 60:23-24


No comments:

Post a Comment