Monday, April 3, 2017

Sanford and Qiao

Hey Mom,

So Sanford is a wonderful area, haha, nobody else thinks so, but after Pembroke, everywhere is great!  Pembroke is probably the most depressing place I've ever been and I learned to find joy there and appreciate the good things, but there's a lot more good in Sanford.  Elder Qiao is awesome, he is a great missionary, and his English is pretty good.  He has no trouble teaching and getting his point across, the only thing he really struggles with is a limited vocabulary.

That's great to hear that UNC is in the finals, I hope they can pull it off.

There is actually a deaf family that we are teaching, so let Sam hear that, it definitely makes me wish I had stuck with ASL more than I did but we had some good interpreters.  They will get baptized eventually, they just want to know more.  There are a lot of good people we are teaching now, I'm still trying to get to know them better, but the previous Elders did a great work, I'm glad I don't have to clean up another area.

Also, something cool with General Conference; I have to give instruction for a zone meeting, and the subject I was wanting to address people on is receiving power through the grace of Christ, and through living our covenants and especially living the law of consecration, there were so many powerful talks about that subject, receiving power and giving our all.  Overcoming the world.  I will have to send my outline home, it was pretty amazing to see how many things that were included in my outline that were addressed in conference.  Anyways, I love y'all!

Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment