Monday, March 27, 2017

Hard Work and Perseverance...

Hey Momma,

So exciting news, hard work and perseverance had payed off.  We have a baptism coming up on the 8th of April.  There was a part member family I have been trying to get up with since I first got here and right before I leave the stars aligned and now their son is getting baptized and the mom will follow shortly, hopefully.  We also have some other really great people who we have been working with, Joe, we found him while he was out checking the mail.  His wife was a Mormon before she passed away.  While they were together he was meeting with missionaries and working towards baptism, but he moved and didn't have contact with the missionaries for 8 years until we found him.  It seems that the Lord expects me to give my all to the last second, trial after trial, right until I go and then I see the miracles; although, I'm sure that's how it works with a lot of people.  It is the pattern set in the scriptures.

I heard UNC won!  I was so excited after serving in Chapel Hill I converted to being a UNC fan.  I love the cream cheese and chive crackers in the box, the snack food was heaven sent. haha not surprised to hear Sarah got another sunburn, Matt and Lauren are the tanners and me and her are the white ones, it's just how it goes.  Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

My new companion is Elder Qiao, he is from main land China and has been out for about 4 months so I will be helping him learn English, I will be staying in the zone; the new area I'm going to is Sanford!  Another small town similar to Pembroke, but a lot less violent.

Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment