Monday, October 10, 2016

Hurricane Matthew & Zone Conference...


Video is of Southport, NC (Jake's first area) during Hurricane Matthew


Questions:

Tell me all about the storm! 
     So the storm where we were at was very lame, just overcast and rained all day, not eve very big rain, we did lose power though which was interesting.  There was hardly any wind.

Did you have to stay in your apartment?
     No, we went out for a little bit.

Any flooding in your area?
     None.

Are you going to go help with the clean up?  
     There isn't anything to clean up in our zone so, not really.

Investigator Update:
     "B" has a baptismal date for the 19th of November so we are excited for that.  I told him that we were leaving in six weeks and would love to see it happen before then.

Did you find anyone new?
     We had meeting all this week so we didn't have much time to get out and go finding.

Tell me about zone conference:
     It was a lot of fun, our zone won the activity contest so that was great, I was able to see the Hydes again, so that was great.  They go home in November so y'all will have to go see them.

Funny Story:
      I got in the dryer.

Scripture for the week:  Romans 1:16

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:  for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Love ya!

Elder Haslam and I fishing in the background
(We caught the biggest fish!)

Log Run competition, yup, we won!


And the most humble zone apparently won.

And the winner is...


Hey Dad,

So this last week was meetings and meetings and more meetings.  We were hardly able to get any missionary work done, which is frustrating, but it happens.  And, yes, Elder Haslam and I both caught the biggest fish, it was tons of fun.  Our zone won the competition that they held.

Thought for the week:

Everytime I leave a lesson, I feel that there is always something that I could have stated more clearly or boldly, but then I remember 2 Nephi 33:1, that it's the Spirit that carries what we say the their hearts and what matters is that we help provide an atmosphere where the Spirit can dwell and it can only carry the message to their heart if they choose to let it in.

Love ya Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment