Monday, October 31, 2016

Count myself lucky...


Elders Shields and Haslam at the Fall Festival
(photo cred to a nice member who texted the pic)

Questions:

What is it that you discovered that God expects from you?
     Coming soon in a letter near you!

Tell us about your experience finishing the Book of Mormon:
     Also coming soon, sorry there is a lot and I don't have time to type it all.

Do you have Halloween plans?
     We have an Elders zone activity today:  wrestling, spike ball and a missionary version of murder   in the dark.

Funny Experience?
     We changed Elder Haslam's GPS setting so that whenever we pass a church other than our own it    says, "Apostasy."

When is the next transfer?
     Three weeks from tomorrow.

Scripture:  Acts 5:40-41

     "And to him they agreed:  and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they         commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.  And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name."

Investigator update:
     "R" and "M" are still hanging in there, R's date had to get moved back a week.

Quote for the week:
     "The only way to avoid criticism is to do nothing, say nothing and be nothing."

Christ was one who went agains the typical teaching and ways of the time and "offended" many people.  Thant's something I think about when I maybe offend someone or someone gets mad at me. As my scripture of the week says, I count myself lucky to suffer shame for His name.

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment