Monday, August 15, 2016

Spirit was Strong...

Hi guys,

Sorry, I guess I'm kind of boring, but not much to say.  I will be honest, I like replying to actual letters more than emails.  Which I know is more expensive and less good I guess but.....

I got my shirts and the Pizza.  Thank you!  It was funny when the pizza guy came we thought that the zone leaders were coming by because one of them is Elder Hancock's trainer so they just come by a lot.  Elder Hancock loves that kind of pizza now.

Elder Hancock and I are doing well, we get along just fine, haha, he has still yet to win a wrestling match!

Investigator/Finding update:  We found a man who has met with missionaries in the past but has issues with how God will allow the world to be in the state that it is in.  We taught about hope and agency and it was a super good lesson, spirit was strong.  Also we found a taxi driver who was waiting for someone in the church parking lot.

We had dinner with the Svennsons.  They are awesome and we mostly talked about how he is moving to Sweden in a few months.

Funny Experience:  I made Elder Hancock bike.....a lot.

One of the things I love and hate most about the mission is how often your weaknesses are shown to you.  One thing I am beginning to see on how happiness comes is not caring about yourself.  Out here we try to focus on our investigators and home we try to focus on caring more about our wife or children's needs more than ours, and therein lies true happiness.  God is so happy because he is so concerned for all of His children.  Anyway, that is a concept I have been looking into a lot recently.

Scripture:  Mormon 9:21

Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, counting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment