Monday, August 29, 2016

Rico 2.0 goes missing...



Some fun with Elder Hancock


Hey Family,

To be honest, it hasn't been looking too good for our investigators that we set baptism dates for last week, still staying optimistic but they both had rougher weeks this week.  As y'all (still don't like that word) have known, baptisms are few and far between here, however, One investigator was singing at a memorial service for someone he knew and he invited us to it and we found someone there, which was awesome.

Funny Story:  So as I have said earlier, Elder Hancock is Elder Roses boy, and we had three or so exchanges with them this week, during which, Rico 2.0 (the name of the duck Maddie gave me) was taken along with all of Elder haycock's ties, except his super ugly ones.

In answer to your question about what happened to my shirts?  North Carolina happened to my shirts, it'll get ya!

Elder Hancock is doing good, He's being transferred to Wilmington and I'm staying, but I don't know who is coming here until Tuesday.

Any unusual food?  Everyone in our ward is a grad student at Duke or UNC, so nothing weird.

Scripture for the week:  Ether 12:37

And it came to pass that the Lord said unto me:  If they have not charity it mattereth not unto thee, thou hast been faithful; wherefore, thy garments shall be made clean.  And because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong, even unto the sitting down in the place which I have prepared in the mansions of my Father.

Love,
Elder Shields

No comments:

Post a Comment