Thursday, February 25, 2016

Questions...


1.  How is your mission changing you? As I have been out here I have been able to see my confidence grow, I didn't realize how insecure I really was and it is being overcome slowly but surely.

2.  Tell us all about tracting, and how much time you spend doing that: We tract a lot, President James tracted his whole mission and he is pro tracting. Me and Elder Dudley tracted a lot, probably 2-3 hours a day less so with Elder Hampton. The hours from 6-9 are considered prime time proselyting so President James really wants us out contacting during those hours. 

3. Give us an investigator update: We have not really had any progression with our investigators, J finished The Book of Mormon but she still has her concerns, hopefully we will be able to work those out. We haven't been able to see our investigators that we have had because they are all so flakey, but we did find a young family that seems like they are wanting to learn the gospel. They didn't come to church this week, but hopefully they will want to progress. 

4.  Spiritual experience for the week: I gave a less active member a blessing this week on Wednesday and that was a good experience, he texted us afterward and he said that it really helped improve how he was feeling and gave him more spiritual strength.

5.  Funny experience for the week:

6.   What does an average PDay look like? Wake up and do studies, go to the library and email, then we go out some where for lunch and then we will do something fun, we might go crab fishing with string and chicken legs today:)

7.  Please just tell us how you are doing…for real:


I have been doing great, but honestly, these last couple weeks have been hard, I feel as though I haven't been able to have the spirit with me and I have been worrying about things that I don't need to be worrying about (schooling and work) and the more that I am out here the more I recognize my weakness, and I worry that it will keep me from being successful in life and in missionary work. I have been working hard on trying to just focus on missionary work but these thoughts keep coming back into my head. So that's what I have been struggling with recently. Hopefully it passes and I think it will. But I definitely need to work on not thinking about and dwelling on the future.  

8.  What things make you the most nervous? Teaching Instructions and lessons in front of other missionaries and members.      

9.  What things are becoming easier for you? Just talking to people and worrying less about what others think of me, and teaching and talking in general.

10.  What makes you the happiest on your mission? What makes me happiest is probably when I make a plan or lead a lesson and it goes well and the person wants to progress.

11.  Is there anything you need or want? Nope i am doing just fine:)

With Love from Elder Shields

No comments:

Post a Comment