Monday, March 7, 2016

Going to Raleigh...

Just a couple weeks ago we had a gator in the bushes at our church building right next to the entry doors!
This last week was great, it was the most successful week I have had yet, I will be getting transferred so it will be nice to leave the area on a high note.  I will be going Raleigh to be in a trio.  We are getting whitewashed in.  I don't remember what the other missionary's names are but I have heard that they are very hard workers!  I'm excited!

Elder Hampton keeps freezing my name tags in water, he is going to get it on the day before I leave!

I don't need any new bike tubes, mine don't fit Elder Hampton's bike, he has a road bike.  I have liked biking better honestly, because I can't drive the car and I get control over the bike, plus biking is just fun.

We still weren't able to go crab fishing.

Spiritual Experience for the week:  While we were tracting down a road there was a house we skipped.  While we were on our way back to the car we knocked at that house and we found an elect new investigator! (my first one!)  It was good we walked past it the first time because they had just got back from somewhere.  We have an appointment with them later this week, I won't be there :(.

For PDay we have a zone activity at the beach and we will also go to the aquarium.

Tell Kenyon I say congrats and Elder Hampton wants to know if he's invited to the wedding.

Scripture for the week:  Mosiah 2:22-26

22.  And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you.
23.  And now, in the first place, he hath created you, and granted unto you your lives, for which ye are indebted unto him.
24.  And secondly, he doth require that ye should do as he hath commanded you; for which if ye do, he doth immediately bless you; and therefore he thath paid youl  And ye are still indebted unto him, and are, and will be, forever and ever; therefore, of what have ye to boast?
25.  And now I ask, can ye say aught of yourselves?  I answer you, Nay.  Ye cannot say that ye are even as much as the dust of the earth; yet ye were created of the dust of the earth; but behold, it belongeth to him who created you.
26.  And I, even I, whom ye call your king, am no better than ye yourselves are; for I am also of the dust.  And ye behold that I am old, and am about to ield up this mortal frame to its mother earth.

These scriptures help remind us that we are unprofitable servants and without Jesus Christ no one would be saved, we all have reason to be grateful for Christ, but yet we often forget about the sacrifice he made for us.  I am trying to keep him on my mind more often.

I love you,
Elder Shields

No comments:

Post a Comment