Monday, January 11, 2016

The Blue Warehouse...


The warehouse where the Southport Branch meets.


Hey Family!

My talk went well, and I will send you a copy.  I just wrote it all in comp study in a notebook so I will try to get that to you.  I was nervous about it, but I fasted and prayed and the Spirit helped me through.

My training is going well, Elder Dudley is great!  One funny story I can tell you is that we have a  pull out bed and on Christmas we put Elder Dudley into it and folded it shut.  When we did that the frame bent and we couldn't pull him back out, so I had to cut him out of the bed frame!  Haha, it was so funny!

It has kinda been a slow week.  We did a lot of contacting with not much success. (We have to be out contacting until 9:00, so we do) The update on our investigators: "J" is quitting smoking and really working on his word of wisdom issues and will hopefully be getting baptized soon.  We still haven't been able to get in touch with "M", and "I" is doing OK, she might be moving soon but she said she will try to come to church, and most of the others are, meh.  Agency is a tricky thing.

I love the zone leaders, I went on an exchange with one of them and we had great success in his area!   I don't really know the zone well yet, but we have a zone activity today.

I am still exercising, we run every so often and I do the ab ripper every other day, we also have a weight bench in our apartment that we can use.

Some of the different food that I have eaten this week is some stuff called "fat back", it is super crazy salty straight pig fat.  We had collard greens, which is kinda like a greasy salad, and black eyed peas.  Most of the food we have had has been really delicious.

I don't have any alligator stories, they are gone for the winter.

Have a great week, I love you,

Elder Shields



No comments:

Post a Comment